Nestled in the scenic and historic Laramie Valley, in the shadow of the towering Snowy Range Mountains, you’ll find the city of Laramie and the University of Wyoming. Laramie is lovingly nicknamed “The Gem City”, and the University of Wyoming, established in 1886, is the crowning jewel at its center. UW provides a small student-to-faculty ratio, offering personalized and highly interactive teaching and mentoring from world-renowned professors. UW’s unique distinction as the only four-year university in the state of Wyoming also gives you unparalleled access to state-of-the-art laboratories and performance spaces for discovering, practicing, and perfecting your skills.
Come to UW and join a vibrant community that will give you the tools to unearth the hidden gems inside of you. Nearly 12,500 students from all 50 US states and more than 90 countries discover their potential in over 200 different academic programs at UW.
Rooted in the traditions of the West and surrounded by the rugged Rocky Mountains, the University of Wyoming was founded in 1886 and is a nationally recognized land-grant research institution with expert faculty, top-ranked academics and world-class facilities.
- Mascot: Cowboy Joe
- University website: www.uwyo.edu
- International Admissions: www.uwyo.edu/admissions/international
Be sure to visit the university website for the most up-to-date information about their campus.
- Art, Astronomy & Astrophysics
- International Studies
- Political Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Environmental Systems Science
What the University of Wyoming requires:
- Apply through the Common App or directly to the university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale)
- SAT or ACT: Optional for admission but highly recommended
- English Proficiency: 71 TOEFL (Engineering TOEFL 80), 6.0 IELTS (Engineering IELTS 6.5)
*Check university website for more update info and details
LEARN MORE ABOUT APPLYING