There are many reasons to become a University of Kentucky Student:
- UK is one of the top 300 academic programs in the world.
- UK has more than 25 programs ranked top 20 in the U.S.
- Eight NCAA Men’s Basketball Championships, the most recent in 2012.
- UK is one of only seven universities in the U.S. to offer the full range of academic programs on one, centrally located campus – Agriculture, Architecture, Business, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy.
- UK’s 33,000 students represent 104 countries.
- Students can choose from 200 majors and degree programs.
- UK’s student to faculty ratio is 18-to-1.
- More than 500 student organizations.
- Tuition is highly competitive compared with other benchmark institutions.
From the bustling downtown streets to the rolling hills of world-class horse farms, Lexington is a city like no other. A vibrant college town, Lexington is home to metropolitan luxuries and the warm, welcoming feel of a small town.
- One of the five safest U.S. cities
- The tenth most educated city in the U.S.
- The number one city in the U.S. for finding a job
- Top ten city for recent college graduates
- Top ten city for its vibrant economy, reasonable living costs and great amenities
International Ambassador Scholarships
- From $3,000 to 50% of tuition; competitive; renewable.
- A one page essay describing how you could serve as a student ambassador to the university, as well as any experiences you have in leadership and volunteerism.
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Assessed non-resident tuition
- There is no GPA or SAT requirement. However, stronger academic backgrounds may result in higher scholarship awards.
- Deadline: February 15
Bluegrass Spirit Scholarship
- Starting at $8,000 per year, for up to four years of undergraduate study .
- Minimum ACT score is 25 or SAT (M+CR) is 1200 Min.
- GPA 3.00 unweighted high school GPA.
W.C. Parker Diversity Scholarship
- Average of $5,000 per year; competitive; renewable.
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- Scholarship application with a 500-word essay on the topic: How I will contribute to diversity at the University of Kentucky
- Deadline: December 1
- Deadlines, amounts and requirements vary by department.
International applicants must submit the following:
- International Application for Undergraduate Admission
- $60 non-refundable application processing fee
- Official Transcripts:All secondary school and college/university level transcripts must be submitted for review. The transcripts must be official and in your native language. You will also need to provide another official transcript that has been translated into English by your secondary school or college/university. College/university transcripts from institutions outside of the United States will be evaluated for transfer credit by our office. To ensure that you receive the most transfer credit possible, you may choose to have your transcripts evaluated by a professional credential evaluation agency. The University of Kentucky recommends World Education Services (WES.) Please visit WES website for details and instructions and list the University of Kentucky as the receiving institution.
- Course Descriptions or Syllabi for transfer applicants:Transfer applicants are required to provide course descriptions or syllabi in both native language and in English translation for all the courses on your transcript. They must be on official letterhead from all of the institutions that you have attended. If admitted, this will allow our Transfer Equivalency Office to begin the course evaluation process before you arrive on campus. (PHOTOCOPIES, SCANNED IMAGES, OR FAXES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).
- Bank Statement on bank letterhead is required. We will accept scanned or faxed copies of the official bank statement or an original bank statement. Please show an available balance in U.S. dollars of $42,500 if applying for the 2018 Spring and Fall Semesters. Fees are subject to change.
- Complete the Sponsor Guarantee Form
- English Proficiency:The University of Kentucky accepts official TOEFL and IELTS results from the testing headquarters. The minimum TOEFL score of 71 (iBT), 197 (cbt) or 527 (paper-based) or a minimum score of 6.0 on the IELTS is required for admission to the University of Kentucky. To order official scores, please contact: TOEFL UK’s Office of Undergraduate Admission TOEFL code is 1234.
Deadlines to Apply
- Spring (January): October 15
- Summer (May): March 1
- Fall (August): May 15
*Scholarship deadline for International Students February 15.