University of Delaware
A nationally renowned research university with an award-winning faculty, the University of Delaware is a destination for talented and accomplished students looking for new challenges. One of only five U.S. universities to win NAFSA’s 2015 Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization.
From the moment you visit our beautiful campus for the first time, you’ll feel like you belong here. Live and study in the center of it all!!
There is always something happening on campus. Attend an event sponsored by one of our 300+ student groups. Free transportation throughout town and campus gives you access not only to the Bob Carpenter Sports Center, but to private cinemas, the 350 acre farm, 70+ restaurants and even the beautiful White Clay Creek State Park, for miles of scenic hiking trails.
Our 170,000 living alumni carry on the Blue Hen tradition of hard work, good citizenship, and innovative problem-solving in all that they do. Graduates include former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden; founder of Renren, Wang Xing; Nobel Prize-winning biologist, Daniel Nathans; MacArthur Foundation “geniuses,” exemplary professional athletes, and game-changers across the STEM and liberal arts fields.
- Close to Philadelphia, New York City and Washington D.C.
- Environment: small college town atmosphere with lots of shops, restaurants and activities in walking distance
- 60% of Fortune 500 company are in the state of Delaware
- Mascot: Blue Hen
- Faculty to student ratio 13:1
- 5 week winter break-longer than most universities
- University website: udel.edu
- International Admissions website
Be sure to visit the university website for the most up-to-date information about their campus.
Top Programs for International Students
The University of Delaware Honors Program is an opportunity for academically talented and motivated students to take advantage of the resources of a research institution while maintaining the feel and attention of a much smaller college.
Special programs for high-ability students
- GRAND CHALLENGES SCHOLARS – Are you an engineering student looking to tackle some of the most pressing issues facing society in the 21st century?
- WORLD SCHOLARS – Study in Madrid or Rome your first semester. Go abroad again in your 3rd year
- DELAWARE INNOVATION FELLOWS – Preparing for jobs that don’t exist yet. Providing funding to start your own company.
- CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARS – Assess and develop solutions to cyber-defense through simulated hands-on learning, and case studies.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SCHOLARS – If you have a passion for tackling critical societal issues and contributing to the public good, the Community Engagement Scholars Program is for you.
- Select University of Delaware on the Common Application
- Grades: “B” or above average grades
- Strong grades in math and science
- SAT or ACT: Required for scholarship consideration
- English Proficiency: TOEFL: 90+ or IELTS: 6.5+
- Different process for U.S. Citizens Abroad: Yes
January 15 – Fall (Aug/Sept) admission
November 1 – Spring (Jan) admission
*Check university website for up-to-date info and details
Talk to an Admissions Officer
Renee’s favorite Indian food is Daal. Her favorite hobby is dancing. She loves music, spending time outside, and practicing yoga.
Ask Renee questions about the admission process, scholarship opportunities, and life on campus – She’s a proud UD Grad.