Rutgers University–New Brunswick was founded over 250 years ago and is the eighth oldest institution of New Jersey, and proud member of the Association of American Universities. Today, it remains true to its threefold mission of teaching, research, and public service.
Rutgers students are smart, economically and ethnically diverse, and driven and engaged in the world around them. They achieve both a level of academic scholarship and a mastery of practical skills which earn them prestigious fellowships and the attention of recruiters from major companies and organizations.
With more than 100 majors and 4,000 courses, membership in the Big Ten Academic Alliance and our opportunities available to enhance your education.
New Brunswick, New Jersey (includes 5 distinct campuses)
Rated a top 5 Most Exciting Small City by Movoto Real Estate
The New Brunswick train station includes NJ Transit and Amtrak services, facilitating easy travel to NYC, Philadelphia, Newark International Airport, and many other destinations.
- Close to the world-famous Jersey Shore and home to 2 major research hospitals
- Mascot: Scarlet Knight
- Division 1 sports
- TOP 30 PUBLIC NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES U.S. News & World Report: America’s Best Colleges
- More than 79% of all Rutgers students receive some type of financial aid
- University website: www.rutgers.edu
- International Admissions: admissions.rutgers.edu/International
Be sure to visit the university website for the most up-to-date information about their campus.
Top Programs for International Students
ARTS AND SCIENCES
COMMUNICATION, INFO TECH AND JOURNALISM
FINE AND PERFORMING ARTS
What Rutgers is looking for*…
- Varies by major
- In general…Grades: “B+” or above average grades
- Strong grades in math and science
- SAT or ACT: Required for admission and scholarship consideration
- English Proficiency: TOFL: 79+ or IELTS: 6.5+
- Different process for U.S. Citizens Abroad: No
*Check university website for more update info and details
Talk to an Admissions Officer
Director of International Enrollment and Associate Director of Recruitment
Marco has been traveling to India since 2013 and visited 12 cities across the country to meet with future Rutgers students and their families.
Favorite Indian food: Vada Pav
Ask questions about the admission process, scholarship opportunities, and life on campus