The Gen Next Education, Inc., (3344 Charleston Drive Woodbury, MN 55129), and the International Knowledge Center (33, Miller Tank Bund Road Naseer Affinity Building Opp: Mahaveer Jain Hospital Bangalore – 560052 Karnataka INDIA) (“we”/“us”/“our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT
We ask for only necessary information, gathering only what we believe is essential for doing business, or for the specific transaction at hand. We let users know the information we have on them and allow them to opt out of specific engagements.
The goal of this policy is to make explicit the information we gather on our partners, subscribers, and users, how we will use it, and how we will not. We will try and keep the language simple and direct as much as possible.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process data about you in the manner set out below.
You may give us information about you by completing forms on our website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone or e-mail. The information you give us may include without limitation your name, address, e-mail address, social media account information, phone number, photograph, age, and other registration information. You acknowledge that we may make information provided by you available to our team as provided by you.
- Registering for advising, trips, and other form submissions: We record information that you submit when you register for any event, including webinars or seminars, subscribe to any mailing list, submit a form in order to download any product, whitepaper, or other materials, participate in contests or respond to surveys, or submit a form to contact us for any other purpose.
- Testimonials: When you authorize us to post testimonials about our products and services on websites, we may include your name and other personal information in the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
- Interactions with us: We may record, analyze and use your interactions with us, including email, telephone, virtual meeting and chat conversations with our staff, for improving our interactions with you and other customers.
In certain cases we may gather information about you from public sources. For example we may gather data pertaining to shared interests from university websites, conference registration sites when made available to all attendees, and other sources.
We use Zoho products as our CRM, Mail, Campaigns and for other purposes. Therefore some of our data usage practices align with Zoho practices.
- Information from browsers, devices and servers: When you visit our websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites.
- Information from application logs and mobile analytics : We collect information about your use of our products, services and mobile applications from application logs and in-house usage analytics tools, and use it to understand how your business use and needs can improve our products. This information includes clicks, scrolls, features accessed, access time and frequency, errors generated, performance data, storage utilized, user settings and configurations, and devices used to access and their locations.
In certain cases we may receive information about you from third parties. We are not currently working with third parties for information gathering but reserve the right to do so in the future. Where we retain or intend to share this data we will contact you within one month to inform you that we are holding your data.
Information from social media sites and other publicly available sources : When you interact or engage with us on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram through posts, comments, questions and other interactions, we may collect such publicly available information, including profile information, to allow us to connect with you, improve our products, or better understand user reactions and issues. We must tell you that once collected, this information may remain with us even if you delete it from the social media sites. We may also add and update information about you, from other publicly available sources.
We may combine the information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We do not use your personal data as part of any automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
Legitimate Interests Policy : Where we rely on legitimate interests as the legal basis and those legitimate interests are not specified above, we will clearly explain to you what those legitimate interests are at the time that we collect your information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We share your personal information and service data within the Gen Next Education, Inc organization. By accessing or using our products and services or otherwise providing personal information or service data to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of your personal information or Service Data within the United States of America, the European Economic Area (EEA) and other countries where we operate.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE AND HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We take data security very seriously. This is why we use the Zoho product platforms. Zoho is certified for industry standards such as ISO27001:2013 and SOC 2 Type II. We have taken steps to implement appropriate administrative, technical & physical safeguards to prevent unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction of the information you entrust to us. If you have any concerns regarding the security of your data, we encourage you to read the Zoho Security Policy (https://www.zoho.com/security.html)
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted on our sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
We will store your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is originally collected, as explained in this Policy, or any other lawful purpose subsequently communicated to you, and for other essential purposes such as complying with legal obligations and enforcing our rights, such as those arising under any agreement with you. The retention period may therefore vary for different types of data, and depending on how and why it was gathered.
Criteria relevant to determine retention periods include:
- If the data is necessary for the performance of a contract, we will retain it while performance under that contract remains active, and for a period thereafter in which that data may still be relevant to dispute resolution, enforcement of rights under the contract, or where additional connected contracts are likely to arise.
- If the data is processed pursuant to consent only, and consent is withdrawn, we may delete the data immediately, or we may cease processing and retain the data for a period if we have a need to keep it for dispute resolution or enforcement of rights.
- In certain cases we may be legally obliged to hold data for a certain period of time, or to delete the data at a certain time, including in accordance with the exercise of your rights as data subject as explained in this Policy.
WHERE AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information we collect about you from the use of our websites, in accordance with our and/or your legitimate interests, in order to improve your experience of our services.
In addition to the purposes mentioned above, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To keep you posted on new products and services, upcoming events, offers, promotions and other information that we think will be of interest to you;
- To ask you to participate in surveys, or to solicit feedback on our products and services;
- To set up and maintain your account, and to do all other things required for providing our services, such as enabling collaboration, providing website and mail hosting, and backing up and restoring your data;
- To understand how users use our products and services, to monitor and prevent problems, and to improve our products and services;
- To provide customer support, and to analyze and improve our interactions with customers;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, to report spam, and to protect the rights and interests of our users, third parties and the public;
- To update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To analyze trends, administer our websites, and track visitor navigations on our websites to understand what visitors are looking for and to better help them;
- To monitor and improve marketing campaigns and make suggestions relevant to the user.
Note about Do Not Track (DNT) Requests
Some internet browsers have enabled ‘Do Not Track’ (DNT) features, which send out a signal (called the DNT signal) to the websites that you visit indicating that you don’t wish to be tracked. Currently, there is no standard that governs what websites can or should do when they receive these signals. For now, we do not take action in response to these signals.
We will not use your personal data to send direct marketing electronic messages unless you have provided your consent to us, or to a third party via which we have received the data, or you have previously used services from us. We may contact you by telephone for direct marketing purposes in the circumstances described earlier in this Policy. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for these purposes.
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following rights with respect to information that we hold about you. We strive to provide you the same rights no matter where you choose to live.
- Right to access : You have the right to access (and obtain a copy of, if required) the categories of personal information that we hold about you, including the information’s source, purpose and period of processing, and the persons to whom the information is shared
- Right to rectification : You have the right to update the information we hold about you or to rectify any inaccuracies. Based on the purpose for which we use your information, you can instruct us to add supplemental information about you in our database.
- Right to erasure : You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Right to restriction of processing: You may also have the right to request to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as when you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to transfer your information to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in circumstances where the information is processed with your consent or by automated means.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Right to complain: You have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority if you have any grievance against the way we collect, use or share your information. This right may not be available to you if there is no supervisory authority dealing with data protection in your country.
YOUR DATA. YOUR OPTIONS.
- Opt out of non-essential electronic communications: You may opt out of receiving and other non-essential messages by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function included in all such messages. However, you will continue to receive essential transactional emails.
- Disable cookies: You can disable browser cookies before visiting our websites. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features of the websites properly.
- Optional information: You can choose not to provide optional profile information such as your photo. You can also delete or change your optional profile information. You can always choose not to fill in non-mandatory fields when you submit any form linked to our websites.
We will comply with any valid request for information under the rights explained above within one month, though we may tell you that this period is to be extended by a further two months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. This will normally be provided free of charge. If the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to action the request.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which our services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.