George Mason University
We Are in Virginia. But We Serve the World.
George Mason University (Mason) is a public institution located in Northern Virginia, just miles outside of the U.S. capitol city of Washington, D.C. Mason students have access to all the benefits of a large, culturally diverse city environment while living in a safe, friendly campus community.
More than 33,000 students from all 50 U.S. states and over 120 countries call Mason their home. Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. programs are offered in more than 100 areas of study including Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Public Policy, the Arts, Biology, and many more.
- Fairfax, VA, beautiful suburban area of Virginia
- 24 Kilometers to Washington D.C.
- Free campus shuttles to D.C. metro station
- Mascot: The Patriot
- Faculty to student ratio: 16:1
- #1 Highest Average Starting Salary for Virginia public university graduates, State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
- #59 among top 150 world universities under 50 years old, Times Higher Education
- #80 Best Undergraduate Business Programs, according to U.S. News & World Report
- University website: gmu.edu
- International Admissions website
Be sure to visit the university website for the most up-to-date information about their campus.
Top Programs for International Students
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security Engineering
- Information Technology
- Data Analytics
|Tuition and fees:||$34,370|
|Total Cost (including living expenses):||$51,992|
|Scholarships:||$2,000 – $10,000|
|Scholarship type:||merit and competitive, no need-based aid|
Varies by Program Learn more >>
To Apply – Undergraduate*…
- Complete GMU online application or Common App
- Grades: “B” or above average grades
- Strong grades in math and science
- SAT or ACT: Optional for most majors (required for Engineering and Computer Science) but may be required for scholarships
- English Proficiency: TOEFL: 80 or higher (18 minimum in each subsection) or IELTS: 6.5 or higher (6.0 minimum in each subsection)
- Different process for U.S. Citizens Abroad: No
- October 1 for spring (January) semester
- November 1 Early Action and Scholarship Priority Deadline
- April 1 final scholarship deadline
- June 1 final deadline for fall (August) semester
- July 1 deposit deadline
*Check university website for up-to-date info and details
Talk to an Admissions Officer
Assistant Director of International Admission
My favorite Indian food is masala dosa or anything with paneer, I love learning about food and hope to be able to make my own Indian dishes at home. I don’t watch many movies but I love Star Wars!
Ask Julie questions about the admission process, scholarship opportunities, and life on campus